The Power of Groups
Have you ever wondered how a good business professional becomes a great leader? Or how some seem to be on the fast track to success? Many, if not most were members of a Mastermind Group. They had the support, inspiration and intelligent advice of a group of peers that they could depend upon no matter what was going on in their professional or personal life.
What are Mastermind Groups?
Mastermind groups brainstorm, share ideas, concerns and challenges. These groups provide a safe environment where you can interact with a group of like minded individuals who bring their unique talents, experiences and real solutions to problems to the group. InsuranceCoachU calls these groups Champions' Success Groups©.
What is in it for you?
Unconditional support, honest feedback, great ideas, encouragement and results! Mastermind groups are a great source of encouragement during hard times. Other members understand your struggles better than anyone. They are a great resource during good times as you plan your strategy to grow your business. Mastermind groups will help you to accelerate your success in whatever area you choose (see What Results You Can Expect below).
You are in Good Company
Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone and John D. Rockefeller were all members of a mastermind group. Their success was based in large part by harnessing the energy of a trusted group of advisors.
Napoleon Hill defines the "Mastermind" in his book, Think and Grow Rich, as the "Coordination of knowledge and effort, in the spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose."
These groups can be comprised of managers and/or individual sales professionals from the same or different companies. Groups that are comprised of participants from different companies are usually not in the same geographic area or who are not prime competitors. Groups can meet either in person or by telephone. Geographic and corporate diversity is an advantage as members offer different insightful perspectives from their own company culture and local business environment.
What Results Can You Expect?
The benefits of a Mastermind Group are amazing. People like you who have participated in these groups claim:
- Their business challenges are solved through brainstorming and hearing what others in similar circumstances have done.
- They increased their knowledge base by using their own personal Board of Directors.
- The groups provide them with accountability. They are more likely to achieve goals and stay on task because of the consistently scheduled meetings.
- They are inspired through the ideas of others.
- Increase of confidence by being championed by a group of peers.
- Tremendous increase in business effectiveness and results.
Take Action Now
So what can you do to form your own Mastermind Group? First decide if you want your group to consist of only people from your own company or if you would prefer members from a variety of companies. Next, decide whether or not you would like your Mastermind Group to consist of only your peers from the financial services industry or if you would like to include other appropriate business professionals as well.
Here are some suggestions on how to identify possible members to your group.
- Who do you know in your company or community who is achieving at the level you would like to be achieving at? By surrounding yourself with people who are achieving what you aspire to achieve is a sure way to accelerate your success.
- Do you attend local networking meetings? If so, as you connect with other attendees, ask if they would like to be a part of a Mastermind Group.
- Approach peers and workshop presenters during your company conventions, incentive trips and/or schools.
- Ask others you trust and respect for their ideas.
So form your own Mastermind Group. Gather together a Board of Directors and meet regularly to share ideas and energize your business. You will be glad that you did.